Monday, August 10, 2009

The Ten Mistakes We Make in Using Supplements

1. I need supplements (Maybe you need a better diet!)
2. More is better (herbs/supplements/vitamins, etc.)
3. “Natural” is healthy. (Hemlock is natural and it could kill you.)
4. If they sell it over the counter in the Supplement Shoppe it’s a safe product.
5. Magazine articles that recommend supplements apply to you.
6. Supplements (or foods or drugs) can’t possibly be responsible for altering my mood.
7. The FDA regulates supplements. (They don't.)
8. The guy in the store recommended it so it must be good (and I didn’t know he could likely be working on commission).
9. If it was good for my friend, it’s good for me.
10. My doctor told me to take “x supplement/vitamin/herbal” so I bought the cheapest one I found online; after all, it was a bargain.
11. Science showed that X was helpful for my condition. (But "science" doesn't know YOU!)

(Yes, I said ten, but you got an extra one for free since you are a sucker for bargains.)

No comments:

Post a Comment